I thank my tapestry practice for making me so much more patient. There is a lot of unpicking involved in tapestry and I was told it is just par for the course - one teacher even said she will unpick about a third of her work. So I am feeling much more relaxed about using the seam ripper with my quilt.
It also helps that I started early and have time to play around with it.
Yesterday was a crisis day - I had put all the sashing on and then discovered that I had made it TOO LONG - what angst ( and some deleted expletives). I thought that I would put it aside and move on to my new idea, with the intention of going back to it later. But then I realised that I would not want to start a day with unpicking as the beginning activity. I made myself unpick all the bits, which included taking out some of the very carefully chosen colours and rearranging the quilt top - very fiddly. But I soldiered on and, even though it took about 9 hours, got it back to where I started the day.
Today I finished putting it together. I will not post a picture in case I decide it is ok for entering the challenge. We have been asked not to post images. But I will put in a little bit. I tried really hard to get the 1" squares lined up (I use the old imperial measurements for quilting, most of the equipment is from the USA) - I even starched them all - but they just wouldn't co-operate. I'll have to decide what sort of quilting will hide the imperfections. That is tomorrow's effort,
It is a colour wash quilt, something I have not really done much of before. I am not sure it will be good enough to enter but I just can't stop now - I have to finish it. I actually rather like it but it is definitely for viewing from afar, especially if you have blurry eyes like I do. No close-up viewing allowed.
I do have another idea for the challenge, just hope I have time to develop it and make the quilt.