I have abandoned my quilt top, it just won't line up! I may finish it later but I REALLY want to get a piece done for the challenge. So it has been put aside for the moment.
Now I am making it up as I go along. It started out fairly easily, just try the technique I learnt with Olga Walters. No need to cut out any fabric, I had all of offcuts from the previous attempt.
I had a piece of cotton voile that was the right size and I had enough Vliesofix to cover it.
I didn't lay them out too precisely, precise is obviously not my thing. There were some tiny spaces between a few of the pieces of fabric which meant that the much smaller pieces of fabric were now useful.
Then I got to use the long, very thin bits that I just hadn't been able to bring myself to throw away. You get them when you cut with a rotary cutter and are aligning the edges, ready for the actual accurate cutting.
So they have been laid out vertically.