I am not sure I am going to get my work done in time but I have been quite inspired to look at some of my photos and think about how I could use them.
I tried using treated cotton and that turned out ok, a bit duller than I had hoped. I played around with two photos I had, one from France and one playing around with the shutter speed and making the lights blur.
Here is one version. Unfortunately, I didn't realise that the purple colour was on a separate layer and it didn't print. As the fabric is not that cheap, and I didn't have much, I decided not to worry. I just used the one I printed out.
|I used the Liquefy tool (under Filter) to play around with the lights.|
I spent so much time getting the layers right and trying to intensify the colours that I forgot all I know about quilting and didn't make the quilt top the correct size. So I have been fiddling around trying to make it 12" square. Using an A4 printer makes it tricky getting the image large enough.
I was looking up how to spell gryphon and found that I wanted to type in griffin. Strange, I had been writing gryphon but just had to type griffin. Both seem to be correct.