Monday, October 3, 2011

Opening of Moreart and Artland

Yesterday was the official opening of Moreart and its associated RMIT exhibition, Artland. The weather was favourable and there was a good attendance.  Congratulations, and many thanks, to Jodie Lawson for organising the event on campus.


I was quite excited to see that my piece had changed, people had been playing with it.



There was work all around the campus, of all different sorts. Here are a few shots of some.  They were all very interesting and innovative.  Congratulations to all the award winners. I didn't note down the names but do know the RMIT award winners:

Beka Hannah, Tricia Page, Michael Carolan, Minyoung Williams, and Hilary Rossignulo.

Here are some shots I took around the campus, I will try to post some more during the week.







I must admit that I have yet to take to the bike track between the stations to see the off-campus works but there is a tour on Wednesday that I might make an effort to attend - if I am up to date with my work.

2 comments:

parlance said...

It sounds as if it will be worth the effort to see the other displays, if they are as good as these artworks.

Mary said...

Yes Parlance, it does sound as if I should go and visit the various sites although, some of them were/are performance pieces and I will have to see if I can get there at appropriate times.