Thursday, September 29, 2011

Animating pictures of my Artland piece.

I have tried to make a flip book to encourage people to play with my Artland, interactive art work.  So far, the flip book is almost made, it is quite thick and I am finding it tricky to bind it so that it holds together in a way that allows for the flipping to be successful.

However, I have also played with animating it with stop motion pictures.  I downloaded a free program that put it into animation but it saved in a format that I can't get YouTube to recognise, so I can't post it.
Then I had the brilliant idea, if I do say so myself, of borrowing someone's laptop and using MovieMaker to animate the pictures.  So now you can see two of my designs animated.

I made each design piece by piece and photographed them in order, selected the time for each frame to be visible and then imported them to the program.  Hopefully it shows how a design can be made, then altered by turning the pieces over to show the fabric on the other side of the shape.


In my technological impatience, I have somehow managed to get two designs in the one movie, not what I intended but I am not going to spend any more time on this - it is purely an indulgence and does not go with the actual exhibition, it is just a chance to play with technology and see how it looks presented differently.
I should be working on my other assignments but couldn't resist playing.

3 comments:

parlance said...

The film is just great, and certainly worth the trouble it took to post.

Mary said...

Thanks Parlance, I love looking at it. Maybe I will make some more, when all my assignments are over and I have the time.

theregatha said...

this is amazing work Mary. I really love the way you have extended you work to include interactive pieces to inspire creativity. Bring on more time for indulgence.