I missed the last machine embroidery group meeting, so didn't do the next challenge. It was Andy Warhol. I looked at some of the images online and thought that maybe I could do some screen printing. But that seemed a lot of trouble just to get an A5 image that I am not particularly interested in.
I let it go and did a couple of other things. Then I looked online again.
I even went back to search for free online photo changing sites. Nothing appealed to me, mainly because I didn't have an inspirational image to begin with.
I don't usually put my image online, in fact, I don't have that many photos of me, I usually take photos of scenes and other people.
I chose to do a face rather than some of the other types of images he did.
I eventually found a picture of me from (ahem) years ago. That will do, I thought to myself.
Then I looked around online again, for a tutorial on how to use Photoshop to do my image in the genre. I found a couple but they didn't seem to be using the same edition of Photoshop that I have.
I then decided to play around with what I know how to do and came up with some samples.
They are not great but they have given me some practice on Photoshop (much needed). As you can see, the shadow under my chin gave me some problems and I eventually cropped the image quite a bit too.
I can now think about how I might go about doing this in textile. So the challenge, although not immediately interesting to me, has given me some creative thinking and problem solving, something I enjoy.
It may go no further than this, but it has been useful to this point.