Monday, July 17, 2017

Finished - sort of.

I am preparing this in advance, so I don't forget the next interesting date - 17/7/17.
I also have to post to one of my online groups on Saturday. The piece is almost finished, not mounted as I can't decide how I want to do that yet. But it is finished enough for me to post my picture.
I have made a textile art piece, rather than a quilted piece. It is all sewing straight onto a piece of linen/cotton, with interfacing on the back. No hoop was used, it is strong enough to go under the machine as is.

Then I can put it up here, on another site. After the big 'reveal'.
I am looking forward to seeing what the others have done.

This is it on the floor, loosely attached to the mount board. I need to decide if I want the rough edges to show or if I am going to put a frame around it and hide them. Decisions, decisions. 

We are working on being inspired by an artist - any artist, any medium. At first, I though I would be inspired by Van Gogh, again.
As I was working on it, I realised that I am also being inspired by Kathryn Harmer Fox and her technique.
Soon I will have to decide if I am going to continue with both, or just with one. But I have a few months till the next 'reveal', so I can take my time, fortunately.

No comments: