Friday, October 3, 2014

Using paper collage for inspiration

As part of our last design class, we did some small paper collages. We only used two colours and we were encouraged to think of them as based on a cross, placed on one side of the paper, in the centre of the paper or something else that I can't remember at the moment and which isn't obvious from the images.

Then we copied them and played around with them - continuing the line, echoing the shape, changing the size, adding a little, different, colour.
As you can see, the original was done on an A5 piece of paper, quite small, and the extensions are on A4, still not very big.




I haven't done all the additions, I found I was doing similar things over and over and decided to stop and go on to the drawing exercise.
I'm also not sure how I would interpret them in textile format, so have stopped for the moment.

No comments: