As it is spring and the mulberries are in fruit again, I took some with me. The turned out ok on the paper (you can see them on the final images).
We laid out paper, leaves and flowers, paper, leaves and flowers, etc. We then put them between tiles or pieces of wood. I used water colour drawing paper, 160gsm.
|The blue pattern at the top is from the purple flower in the second photo. The nasturtium flower is a pinkish image on the right. Gorgeous colour, just nothing like the actual flower.|
I am not sure what I will use the paper for but it was fun to do. Maybe I will prepare some fabric for dyeing and try it on cotton or silk too. Most of the plants we used are not substantive dyes, so I assume I will have to prepare the fabrics.
We had been going to try some sun dyeing but the sun was too unreliable today, after all that wonderful sunny weather last week. Oh well, summer is coming and there will be many more chances to try that.