Monday, May 13, 2013


I posted a while back about a piece that I had been experimenting with.  I had been playing around with different feet on the machine to get some texture and the fabric had wrinkled quite a bit.
As the time got closer to hand in the assignment, I realised that I was going to be out of time if I started a whole new sample.
I put the fabric onto some wadding (as for a quilt) and decided to see what would happen.
Lo and behold, it is not too bad now.  It is not perfect but I did learn that sometimes you can rescue disasters.

I simply used the twin needles and the pintuck foot.  The background design was a grid based on the geometric elements of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's designs and worked well to straighten out a lot of the wrinkles. I used a hoop to help keep the fabric taut.  This was a bit of a nuisance as I wasn't doing all that much sewing inside the hoop area and had to keep resetting the hoop but I think it was worth the effort and helped to stretch the wrinkles out.


parlance said...

Love the third photo. It looks great now.

Mary said...

Thanks Parlance, I am very pleased to had been able to rescue it.