I took one of my simpler designs and used twin needles, and the pintuck foot, to produce some texture. As I was basing my work on the flowing floral themes of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, it was relatively easy sewing.
I did a simpler stamped and stencilled design than previously, and used the stitches from the front and the back of the fabric.
I used some cotton quilt batting that I had lying around. It helped with the texture - and it stopped it pulling in so much.
Here you can see the raised lines from the front and the areas of green thread you can see is the stitching from the back, still using twin needles. I sewed that part from the reverse. The twin needles would not let me go into the very fine parts of the design but I decided not to let that worry me, this was a learning experience after all.