As the drought seems to have broken, I thought I would put on our water feature, something we have not been supposed to do in the last few years as it wastes water through evaporation. I opened the little box that has the power switch and decided not to put my hand in, even though I could see my fingertips.
This is one scary-looking spiderweb.
Then I looked around and saw some of the other webs in the garden. Let's hope the spiders are catching lots of pesky insects.
I disturbed a few spiders as I was moving things around in the glasshouse (I do my dyeing there) and the garden. Some of them were pretty and not too scary, some looked like I should definitely leave them alone! Maybe I will have to wear gloves all the time when doing my dyeing at the moment, just so I am safe from spider and insect bites, not for the other safety considerations you usually think of when dyeing.