As I mentioned in a previous post, I am working on a tapestry based on a photo I took in Rockbeare Park/Darebin Parklands.
I decided that I wanted it to be much larger than ones I have done previously, so it will be about 55cm x 75cm. I have had to borrow one of the looms from RMIT as I do not have one that will accommodate that size.
It is too large to be carrying back and forth, so I will have to work on it on campus. I am not so keen about this as I will have to change my schedule to be on campus on days that I am not normally there but I am keen to do a larger work, so I will have to grin and bear it.
It has taken me ages to get organised to start - I have only done the small tapestry technique of hitching on so far and that has taken about 2 - 3 hours. I will have to make sure I socialise less and work more in class from now on!