Monday, January 23, 2023

Three weeks into the new year!

 Well, it is 23/1/23!! How time flies, whether you are having a great time or not. 

I have been dealing with the summer holidays, post Christmas and New Year and feeling a bit tired. But nature doesn't take much notice. The hollyhocks are blooming and dropping flowers. 


So I have been collecting them. Today I put them in a jar with some fabric that I had soaked overnight with alum.(I used one of my past posts, which doesn't have all that much information.)  One is silk and polyester, so I am not sure how well that will go. The other is a chiffon silk. Both are scarves. I put then in a jar with the flowers and left them in the sun. Not sure what will happen, hope I don't waste the two scarves!! 

The water had taken some colour, not so sure about the fabric. But I will leave it for a week or so, the weather is going to be quite warm/hot, so that might help. 

On another note, I have been doing a free online course with Textile.org. It was called Stitch Camp and was about colouring some fabric and then doing some stitch on it. I am way behind - it was a 5 day thing, so it doesn't matter that I am behind! I will try to do some more stitching. It is just a random sort of thing - for me, at least. 



I will try to do 30 minutes a day (which it was advertised as needing) and see what develops. It is not my usual colours (if I have usual colours) but I was away and didn't have much choice. Not to worry, it is relaxing, when I get myself to give myself time to do it. Not sure what I will do with it, will try to just enjoy the process.  

No comments: