Sunday, January 8, 2023

Not sure I'll do this technique again

 I have made the quilt top, based on the Ricky Timms book. It took some thinking, which is hard to do in this hot weather, in the post Christmas, New Year and summer holiday time. 

I did manage to put the pieces together in the correct order. Most of the seams matched. But it only made a small piece, about 50cm square. I have added a border, using the same fabric. There were other examples in the book but I didn't have that much other suitable fabric, so just went with the obvious. And it would have taken too much thinking!

It is now about a metre square (very approximately). I think I'll give it to my god-daughter who is pregnant. Hope the baby likes bright colours!!

When I look at the photo, I think all the work in the centre is lost in the brightness but I am not going to change it now, Maybe, if I ever do another one, I'll do something more subtle. 

I've got random bits of leftover fabric, might use it on the back. That is tomorrow's decision, or even the day after. 

1 comment:

Mary said...

I looked at the piece again today - the colour is not nearly so warm! I think it will be ok.
Now to try quilting it, choosing a suitable coloured thread.