I tried some in a hoop. At first I didn't put the soluble fabric from side to side but that wasn't entirely successful, I needed pins to hold it in place. So then I did two at once in the hoop.
I was going to try to sew one without the soluble fabric as it does get flattened and stiffer but the thought of all that loose silk under the needle seemed too challenging. So that experiment can wait for another day - or another life.
Anyway, they are coming along. I just have to work out how to attach them to a background. And make the background first!
|This one is quite small, it is lying not the floor beside the heating, drying.|
It has been enjoyable playing with the ideas. Also, because they are all separate pieces, they can easily be discarded, or used differently, if they don't work out properly.