I thought I'd try a slightly different take on the fabric collage.
I chose some pictures I took while I was overseas last year and eventually chose one from Saugerties, in upstate New York. It was right at the beginning of autumn, not many colourful leaves yet.
I used a piece of calico as the background, then laid a piece of green fabric over that to be most of the background. A piece of black cotton was the ground for the image.
I ripped up some more of the black fabric. I had tried using bleach on it, years ago, to see what I would get. It was ok for the tree trunks, not being just a flat colour.
Then I cut up some of my green scraps and laid them around the piece, trying to make them look like leaves.
As I was doing it by hand, I had to pin them all on. Then sew them. This is quite a different way of working for me.
I had come across some of my 'stuff' while looking for my fabric scraps, so I thought I might try to incorporate them. I am not sure this was a brilliant idea but I have given it a go.
Working out how to attach these filmy, flimsy bits and pieces is quite a challenge.
I am not sure if I like it but I will persevere for a bit longer and see what eventuates.