I took a photo of a fern frond - not even a very good one, it was a windy day - and then cropped it.
I did some of the flip, slide, turn thing again and came up with some cute little patterns.
Still not sure what I would do in terms of stitch with it but it was fun and I got some interesting images.
After that, I was making lunch one day and noticed that the little bit of tomato that was left had an interesting pattern in it. So I took a photo and played around with that too.
Image cut, rotated and flipped - to make a symmetrical image.
I cropped a bit of the symmetrical image then played around with the filters.
Then I cropped a different part of the symmetrical image and flipped, rotated and slid some more.
The possibilities are endless!!!