Actually, I only went away for four nights and I took a heap of things to do - way too much. I am having thoughts about melding ideas from Kim's workshop and Kay Kahn's one too. So, not knowing how it might all develop, and not knowing what I might want to try, I have brought quite a lot of things.
So far all I have done is play around with the preparation of the papers - the printing and dyeing of the papers, the painting of the Vliesofix, and the playing with sparkly bits. I even found some old Angelina Fibres to sprinkle onto one piece.
I have made some pieces, about four layers on each.
Now I have to decide what to do with them, how to use them.
We didn't have time to put the final layer, acrylic wax or some other varnish type stuff, on any of our pieces at Ballarat, so I will have to see what effect that has. I assume that I should do this last, after I have made my vessel, or whatever I am going to make.
I did try something else too. I worked on the back of one of my pieces of paper. This was partly due to the usual dilemma of liking what I have done with the printing and dyeing and not really wanting to tear it up. So I had the bright idea of doing both sides, so that the interior of whatever I might make will be looking good too. I will only find out if this was a good idea if I ever get around to finishing off the process.
|This one has some Angelina Fibres shining brightly.|