Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

I have to post today, look at that date.  It's the last chance we'll get for a date like that, we don't have 13 months.
Yesterday I worked on some more lino cutting.  I am still having trouble with the positive and negative aspects of images.  I copied this from a photo taken on the Uluru trip but ended up making some of it up as I went along, I was losing track of what was what.


I was at a friend's house and she lent me some of her lino cutting tools. They were much better quality than the cheapish ones I have and the difference was very noticeable.  They cut much more efficiently.  I will have to be on the lookout for these higher quality ones.
Now all I have to do is the printing to see if I have cut it out properly, and if I have cut enough of the background away.

Well, I have printed it.  I must have been more tired than I thought, I forgot to reverse the image when tracing it onto the lino.  Luckily it doesn't matter for this image as there are no words, etc.
I will wait till it dries, which will take no time in this hot weather, and then cut back some more of the background. I really don't want it in the image.
I also thought I had put quite a lot of ink onto the lino but it is still coming out a bit thin.  I'll experiment with that after I cut back the background.

No comments: