It turned out rather small.
I decided to enlarge it, using the photo I had taken of the peel. I took out the colour and highlighted the edges in Photoshop. I used the actual photo so the proportions would stay the same. I divided the image into four pieces and made them A4 sized. I printed them out, stuck them together and traced it onto the dissolvable fabric.
|You can see the smaller cocoon on the right of the template.|
Now I have a larger cocoon. It still doesn't fit together as well as I envisaged but it doesn't matter as I am aiming to produce distressed, abandoned cocoons.
I am not that happy with it as the colours change too markedly for my taste. However, it is a good sample and I am learning as I go.