Sunday, July 15, 2012

Willingly sidetracked by unfinished quilt top

I am in a creative block at the moment so decided to try that trick of having two things on the go at once.  As I was rummaging through my drawers, I remembered that I keep unused blocks and thought I would get them out and see what was there. Nothing inspirational.

Then I came across my ufo (UnFinished Object) drawer and found the main part of a quilt that I started years ago (one of those quilt tops I mentioned previously and, yes, it was one of the classes I did at The Patchwork Gallery).

I had put it away as I had started the border in the class but still had to finish it at home and I wasn't sure I liked how it was going.
So I laid out the top and realised that it would be good for a lap rug or throw for the couch.

I have been working on putting the quilt together, quilting it and then sewing on the edging. This is quite relaxing and takes my mind off the creative block.  I am still creating, I am just not at that angsty stage of not knowing what direction to go and trying to make too many decisions.

I foolishly left the quilt out on a seat when I went to bed.  I was warned to take it off the chair as our dog thinks that having a quilt on a seat or couch is a signal for her to be allowed on the furniture - which it is, just not with a new quilt that was still full of pins!!
You can see the pins above her head.  You can also see her quilt on her bed.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwww, cute puppy!!! What is it about animals that they just *have* to sit on pieces of fabric, wool, clothes, etc.? ;)

Mary said...

Yes Michelle, she is very cute. She doesn't usually interfere with my stuff but the signal for being allowed on the furniture is a blanket or her own doona, so I can't really blame her.