Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ivanhoe Makers Market

I called in to the Ivanhoe Makers Market Saturday morning, very briefly as I had to leave early for a family Christmas event.  It has moved to the corner of Waterdale Rd and Livingstone St.  I had seen a week or so ago that it was on but had let it go out of my mind because I didn't think I would have time to go.  However, as I was doing some last minute shopping for the day out, I saw some of the stalls out on the street side and decided I had time to go.  It was a bit hot for the poor stall-holders out in the sun but they had some lovely work.
All the stalls had beautiful things, it is all of a really high standard.  I didn't have much time but did manage to buy a few things.  Some gorgeous cards, some little knick-knacks, etc.
The stalls have all sorts of items on them.  I look at some of them and wonder how they do them, others I think I know and even think maybe I could make those things - but then I realise that I am not willing to put in the work necessary to make them to the standard that is presented, so I should just stop kidding myself about being able to make them and appreciate the wonderful work that is there.
One of my favourite stalls has wonderful chocolate fudge but I resisted buying it as I thought that I would have a surfeit of sweet things later in the day - I was right.

No comments: