Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Aargh!!!

I haven't posted for a few days - I haven't wanted to go near my computer.  I have deleted my whole iPhoto library.  No-one told me that it was kept in the Pictures folder!!!
My computer has been telling me for ages that the startup disk is full, so I decided to delete some pictures and documents I had scanned and no longer need.  I trolled through the folder and thought they all had jpg on the end, not noticing a little icon that said iPhoto library.
I think I can retrieve it from a backup, from a few weeks ago because the backup has not been going well either, but I still can't open all the pictures, so I think I may have to delete other stuff - I hope that is the problem.
I haven't been game to try it yet, will need hours to go through it properly and make sure I don't delete other important stuff!  If that doesn't work, I'll have to get professional help.  More time and money wasted. But worth it if I get my photos back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard when this sort of work takes hours.
Been there myself, but since, I am keeping a fortnightly appointment with PC and back-up disks :-)
Wishing you that all will go well and you won't loose your pictures!
Fingers crossed!!

Mary said...

Thanks Vera, I still haven't done much about it. I have CAREFULLY deleted some folders but the pictures still don't show, so I will try again tomorrow, give it some hours, and hope for the best.

parlance said...

Starting this weekend, burn all your photos to dvd. Or maybe each month.

Mary said...

Parlance, I had hope that I could fix it myself but it looks like I will have to pay money to have it fixed, and no guarantee that it WILL be fixed. I bought a 500gigabyte removable disk today. I am going to put all my images on it.