Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Developing an idea

 I'm still plugging away on the Cas Holmes course. We have been asked to come up with a design for a digital book displaying works by the participants. 

The brief is to come up with a design that is in the landscape orientation with the horizon line at the bottom third of the image. It is also supposed to be three times wider than it is high. This is way out of my usual design orientation. 

I took some photos at Warburton, when we were allowed to be there, and then drew a small image that was inspired by the photos. 

I then found some pieces of paper and fabric that I thought might suit the image. I ended up only using one piece of fabric that I tore into two pieces, another small piece of fabric and one piece of paper. And the marks on the fabrics were in the opposite direction from my initial idea. 

I haven't finished but it is in progress - which is very pleasing as I haven't used my sewing machine in about four weeks - partly due to it needing to be serviced and partly due to a lack of creative energy. So I am pleased that I got the machine out today and had a go. 


There is plenty more to do on it yet but it is on the go. 

No comments: