Friday, November 12, 2021

Ideas drifting up in the mind.

 How could I not post today? 12/11/21. 

So ... what to post about?

I am still in the doldrums a bit but am slowly seeing some ideas emerge. 

We have a newish puppy (6 and a bit months old now) and we have had to put some cardboard boxes in places to keep her from investigating the electric cords too closely. I have been asked if I could make a piece to take the place of the boxes. 

It will be reasonably large and will need at least 3 panels. So I will have to devise how to do it and an image or images. Finally, a challenge that interests me - and has a place to go.  (Although I hate that question people ask about textiles But What is it FOR?? I tend to ask it of myself at times.)

I am thinking of doing something along the lines of work I have done arising from the Kim Thittichai workshop I did years ago as well as one by Kay Khan

Both classes were several years ago and are not precisely what I want but they did have reasonably thick bases that could be converted into a standing piece. They can be my inspiration. 

I also have ideas surfacing from some Olga Walters classes I did. Here's hoping something comes of these rather vague ideas. 

On another note, the AQIPP exhibition opened today. I have a piece in it, is a small wall hanging. I hope to get there in the next few days to see it in situ. And to see all the other works. I have seen the exhibition in other years and have loved it. But I have never entered it. I was very chuffed to have my piece accepted. 

The title was Where is the World? and I was inspired by the flowers in our garden! Silver Princess. Very Australian image, I think. 



No comments: