Thursday, September 22, 2016

Leaving it till the last minute

The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria (EGV) is having its receiving day tomorrow and Saturday for the upcoming A Secret Garden exhibition.
I  have had this idea lurking in the back of my mind for a few weeks but didn't get around to trying it out properly till yesterday.

I sewed the foreground and knew what I wanted for the background. I thought.

The foreground is some free motion sewing of a garden. It is done freehand on some dissolvable fabric.

Because I didn't want it to shrink too much, I pinned it to a cork board and then painted water onto the fabric. It took a while to dry but turned out ok. I hadn't sewn it all that exactly to size, so it isn't square. (I was aiming for 15cm x 15cm but it did shrink a bit more than that.)

I had found an image on 123RF that has an eye looking through a keyhole and thought to use that in the background. 


I really intended to have it in a box frame with the foreground well away from the background but didn't leave myself enough time to make the frame, or find one. 

So I have decided not to worry about it, I may give it a go another time or I may not. It was an interesting idea and I enjoyed playing with it - right up until I thought I needed to have it ready for tomorrow. Next time, I will try to plan a bit better. 

No comments: