I had done the homework for the previous class, taking an object (in my case, a mandarin) and developing a small series of images that move from one stage to another.
I focussed on the leaf coming out of the top of the mandarin.
We were supposed to change the size, orientation, etc. and see what we could come up with.
I worked on the images from a cut in half mandarin (from our garden) and focussed in on smaller and smaller aspects of it.
Then it came to me - I could use the technique from the Meredith Woolnough workshop I did earlier in the year, and try to develop one of the images.
I enlarged one of the above images and traced it onto soluble fabric, then sewed it. As it was an image of a mandarin, I decided to stick to the colour range of a mandarin, no great thought needed.
Today I took it to class and played around with using that sewing as the relief work.
It is still a work in progress but at least there is some progress.