There were lots of twigs and bark lying around and it is that little window we get, between the wet weather and the summer. We were allowed to burn off on Saturday, so we spent the day collecting the fire fuel and burning it off. No tapestry weaving done then. Too tired later.
Sunday, another beautiful day. Time to take the dog for a walk. Lots of photos of huge trees, towering tree ferns and various mosses and fungi.
As we walked along, we saw so much bark hanging from the trees - no wonder the fires run straight to the tops. Definitely not the place to be when bushfires are around.
Then ... set up the loom. Aha, it would have been good if I had kept good samples of how I mixed the colours when I was working out what to do on the tapestry. I did keep a few but was making it up as I went along - so more time spent not weaving as I had to go through my cones of wool and try to match them to the back bits. Lesson probably not learnt, I am not good at that sort of record keeping.
I eventually got started and remembered why I had stopped - it is a tricky bit getting the proportions right, especially as I am just using a roughly drawn outline from two photos.