Saturday, July 3, 2021

The date might inspire me.

 Today's date: 3/7/21. At least something interests me at the moment.

Actually, there is plenty to interest me at the moment, we have a puppy!! She is taking up a lot of time and energy but we are smiling so much more. 


I have been working on a small quilt (based on the Silver Princess tree in our garden). I am about to put on the borders. I wanted to get matching fabric for the edges but the shop I got the background at didn't have any of the same fabric left. They had others with similar patterns, slightly different tones in the colours. I decided I didn't care, I would use the bits that were relatively close. I wanted them for the side borders, I had enough left over for the top and bottom. I probably had enough of the right fabric for the sides but I wanted the pattern to be in the same direction. So I had to choose, correct colour and wrong direction or correct direction and wrong colour. I chose wrong colour. 




It isn't horrendously different. Also, the sewing has produced some quite wrinkly parts, so I don't think a slightly wrong colour is going to be the stand-out feature. I am happy I have finished it though - well, almost finished, I still have to hand sew the backs of the borders. 

No comments: