Saturday, January 2, 2021

You Live and Learn

 I had to post today, the date is 2/1/21. 

I went for a walk today near Warringal Park and saw some seeds coming off the thistle growing there. I had never realised that those seeds I have seen blowing around, for many, many years, are from thistles. As I said, you live and learn.


It was still and humid and warm. There were storm warnings coming in on my State Emergency app but they mostly missed us. A breeze did spring up and the temperature dropped a degree or two, not much. 

I made my way home, away from all the trees, in case the storms actually arrived in my location. Fortunately, there was rain but that was all.

There are a lot of trees in this area. When you look at them, you see why fire races up them and rushes to the tops of the trees - all that bark hanging down saying Burn, Burn. Hopefully the fire season will not be severe this year. So far, so good. We are having a wonderfully cool introduction to summer at the moment. 


No comments: