Friday, January 1, 2021

2021

 Well, today is the first day of 2021. 1/1/21. Let's hope is has less disruption than 2020. 

My brother tells me that the number is a prime number and that its factors are 47 and 43. I think I understood what he was saying. Apparently prime numbers only have 2 factors. 

I have been trying to get motivated - most people I know are feeling like they are struggling with creativity. It takes energy to come up with an idea. The making can be challenging and involving and slow but the initial idea is the thing that takes the most energy - that is what I am finding at present, anyway. 

I have just looked at a video from the Stitch Club, part of TextileArt.org, and the message I got was to try new things, or old things you used to do, and not worry about making anything, just play!! I need to have a think about that. Finding all the bits and pieces may be too challenging!! Also, there were a few ideas and I think I need to focus on one at a time. But it was interesting and refreshing,.

Another idea was to enter a challenge, or a call for entries, which has a theme and try to work towards that. This can be especially good if it is something you have never done before. I'll have to have a look around and see what ideas come up. 

I am still playing around with the blackwork embroidery. I am currently working on a piece that has been painted in random colours, based on the crumpled paper idea. I am just making it up as I go, don't even know what, if anything, I will do with it when I finish. In fact, I have used a piece of fabric that doesn't have much room for making it into anything, or even framing it (not that I would want it on the wall). I may put the various pieces together and make a small folding book - who knows? Who cares? 


One of my Facebook groups has suggested doing postcards this year, to be sent by mid-March. So that might get me going. I have done my first. I am not that happy with it, I think I have done the petals too big. But I won't worry about it too much, I may need to send it, we have to make 11 and I won't throw it out just yet.





I have based this one on a flower that is currently blooming, and will do so for months, going on past experience. The hollyhock. I am collecting the flowers when they fall down and putting them in the freezer. I have used them in the past for dyeing, may do so again. Not immediately, but they are there if I need them. 

No comments: