I tried to be creative during this time, when not preparing for Christmas celebrations, of course.
I am still working on my idea of fossils in the ground.
I am also trying to meld some of my recent experiments and workshops into a cohesive piece.
I looked around on the internet for images of fossils in rocks. Then I traced one image onto soluble fabric and free motioned it.
I made a background using Vliesofix and silk hankies that will look like rocks (I hope). Then I put the skeletons onto that background and free motion quilted it.
I did lay out some of it one hot day and was not popular with the family as I had to turn off the cooling while I laid out the silk, it kept blowing away and being very annoying. So I had to work quickly to get it in place and then turn on the cooling again.
That was a couple of weeks ago now - how time flies, even when you are not having a good time.
I have done some of the quilting but was not happy with the outcome, it seemed rather sparse and the image didn't pop out. More work to do. That is the beauty of small quilts. Not too much effort is wasted if you don't like the outcome.