I thought I would tie them up so they wouldn't blow over.
So I went out this morning with the cut bits of the warp that I collected, now that I have cut off my small tapestry.
But I was too late for two plants!
I pulled off the flowers that had opened and mourned the many that had not developed yet.
I must admit, it isn't all bad. I was starting to wonder what I was going to do with all those flowers. Now I have much less stress.
I have been collecting them as I couldn't bear to see them just go to waste, but I don't think I have used up all of last year's flowers. Amazingly, the dried up, desiccated flowers still produce colour. I just have to get myself motivated to dye some more fabric - and then think about what I might do with it.