I took it to class last time and there were some ideas thrown around (why I love going to classes), relating to making it 3Dish. I haven't followed up on these, I had an interesting accident happen that meant I could use the original work as is.
I had some frames ready for a different embroidery and happened to lay down one on the embroidery that I wasn't totally happy with - lo and behold, it made it look much better. So, of course, I played around with how to align it.
Another embroidery that I was playing around with turned out to be too big for the frame I had in mind. So I had put it aside. I then decided to see how an even smaller frame would look, hiding some of the edges of the work. I like it!
So now it is framed and ready to go.