Saturday, November 29, 2014

Trying different dragonfly designs

I was reminded of an activity I used to do with my primary students. We used to fold out paper in half, pit in some paint, along the middle if the paper, fold the paper and then spread the paint out with our fingers. It gives a symmetrical,image. 
I have tried that again, using gouache paint, which didn't work as well as I had thought it might. I probably should have used acrylic paint but that is somewhere in a box (we are having renovations done and many of my supplies are in boxes).
One ia age has turned out looking rather like an insect - which is the theme of our homework for the design class as. 

I haven't decided what to do with this one, so it remains as is for the time being.

I had two other pieces that I have cut out using the dragonfly stencil. So far I have only cut them out, I will think about using my black pens and may do some more doodling patterns. The quality of the paint  may affect this so I need to consider it some more before launching into it.



They haven't come out perfectly symmetrically but I don't think that matters too much. I think acrylic paint may have given me a better result but will have to wait till I find the paint before I can trial it.

No comments: