I am ALMOST finished!!!
I'm not sure what happened at the last part, maybe I got excited about getting closer to the top. The sides started pulling in. I have pulled it out several times but eventually decided that I wasn't willing to pull it out all the way to the start of the problem - that pesky interlinking design got in the way. I would have had to pull out a whole lot of work that was ok to fix it and I wasn't willing to do that. I am soooo not a perfectionist.
|Note how the different light means that the colours look different.|
So I have cut it off the loom, will sew it up and then probably steam it, to see what might be possible in terms of making it a more regular shape.
I have obviously tightened my weaving because the warp is visible at the top, in spots, where it was not a problem in lower areas.
Not to worry, it is not for sale, it was an exercise in nostalgia (I used to live in the house) and weaving techniques.
I was observing that I should have done it sideways because of the many horizontal lines that had to be sewn but someone has pointed out that I wouldn't have been able to get the fine lines in the fence if I had done that, so I am glad she said that, it made me feel much better about my design decisions. (Thanks Julie!!)
Now to tidy the back, sew it down and steam it to see if I can get it squarer. Must remember not to stretch it where the slits are, or to pin them securely before steaming. Actually, it might not be so bad off the loom, once the warps can relax and spread out a bit. I will have to see what it looks like after the finishing off.