It was advertised for the 'drawing impaired and tragically literal'. Not that I am totally those things but I can always do with some help with drawing and design.
We did a few exercises where we really looked at the flower we had chosen as our inspiration and worked out what shapes we could see, what pattern is in the design of the petal placements, etc.
I took lots of lovely pictures of canna lilies and poppies. I had spent ages going through my pictures. I even went to the Garden and Flower show. Then I put in fabrics that I thought would be useful. Oranges, yellows and reds. Greens for the leaves. Maybe some browns would be necessary.
These are the images I planned to use.
I'll post more about the drawing and designs next.