I have mounted my three miniature tapestry pieces onto the screen I made in our laser cutting sessions. I am not all that happy with it as the frames are a little chunky for a doll's house and the weaving is not that exciting - the colours are not great and the geometric design I chose was not ideal for the medium although the angle of the different screens can disguise some of the differences.
I used DMC 6 strand embroidery thread on a seine twine of 6, 4wpc. The cotton slides around on the warp a little, allowing me to make the geometric stripes match a little better. The screens are the same proportion as the largest of the screens I posted about previously.
However, I have learnt from my mistakes, I hope. If I do another small set like this I will try for a more forgiving design.
I have been looking around at what are called miniature tapestries and have found that mine are really quite small, they are approximately 6cm x 3.75 cm each. I will think about doing future ones for the doll's house sizes again, I like that they have that 1/12th size restriction.
Some of the other miniatures I have seen are 20cm x 10cm, so I think my case moth might also fit into the category, not that I need to be categorising my pieces. I am going on to do more tapestry weaving next semester and am inspired by some of the blogs I am finding around the place. I get quite a few links from my life is but a tapestry.