Monday, August 24, 2009

Long time since I've been here!

I have been talking with a few friends about blogs and how to do them. They are interested in making blogs to show their work. So I decided to come to my blog and see what I had done in the past. Very surprised to find an unmoderated comment from March, gingatao. Amazed to have received a comment.
I may actually start using the blog a bit more in the near future as I am going through my course at RMIT (the TAFE part), doing a Textiles and Design course. I'll have to take some pictures of my work and also put in the link to a group I belong to, the Aus/NZ Art Quilters group. It is an interesting group although I have now got a heavier schedule this semester and have not kept up with the monthly challenges.
The group does a monthly challenge in which you make an A4 quilt (very manageable size) and try different techniques around a particular theme. One of the members organised a fabric postcard swap and I joined it, my first ever try at a group thing.










Below is an image of the postcard I received, done with food dye and machine stitching.

No comments: