Thursday, June 23, 2022

Just going along

Well, I missed posting on 22/6/22 but the next day is close! And the winter solstice is past too. Now we can look forward to longer days - by about a minute a day, at best. 

It has been interesting to try to do the weaving at this time of the year. I have a spot that I usually sit in but that was right outside the bedroom of a covid patient, so I  moved to a different part of the house. It needed a daylight lamp, which was actually ok as it meant that I can weave at night. 

I am trying to do a couple of hours every day. I take photos to show me that I have actually done something! An hour doesn't produce much progress.

The design is slow at the moment because there are lots of vertical bits that require slow movement. Each time I get on a roll I realise that I have to slow down and attach it to the sections beside it. I am looking forward to the more horizontal parts of the weaving where the progress is less dependant on the accompanying areas. 

And the section with all the horizontal lines has more than 12 bobbins attached!! I'm running out. But they do make a lovely sound when they bobble around. 

                                                      



No comments: