Thursday, June 2, 2022

Collage art

 We had a set of books that we thought we should get rid of. They were too gorgeous to just throw away and one family member had asked a second-hand bookshop if they wanted them - no. Then I thought of Anne Warren, a collage artist who lives in my local area. 

I had heard of her several years ago when she was involved in an Open Studios thing and which I attended. I had her email address. I asked her if she would like them and she said yes. Not sure she was expecting 24 books!

From that, I was invited to attend some casual sessions at a local cafe, where a group of people meet to do paper collage. (Station 9, Fairfield - so generous of them to allow this! And they have really NICE hot chocolate.)

I have been twice and have two small collages to show for it. They are not in my usual style - at all! But it has been a great learning experience so far (and social) and I am hoping to attend more in the near future. 

Thanks Anne. 

This was done on a small paint sample. 

This is bigger (believe it or not) and is about A5 size, using images from a diary from the 1980s and an NGV magazine. 

No comments: