Thursday, December 2, 2021

The Miracle of Water

 I am pretty sure that I usually put up a picture of the hydrangea at our front door closer to Christmas. But this year the plant has flowered early.  (Maybe not, I have checked past posts and some are early December - it just seems early this year.)

Each year I am amazed by the difference water makes to the plant. I took a picture of the flowers starting to wilt - it has been warm the last few days (we seem to be getting summery weather later than usual) and then another today after having watered the pot. The pot plants need regular water, more than the ones in the ground. We have had some rain too, giving us more humid weather than we are used to - at least, historically (in my memory). I think we had a more humid summer than usual last year too. 




I also had to post because of the date - 2/12/21. I meant to post yesterday, 1/12/21. Such is life. 

No comments: