Monday, October 11, 2021

Staggering on

 Today's date is 11/10/21. Thank goodness I have these dates to inspire me to post. 

We are nearing the end of our lockdown - hopefully. The case numbers are still high but the number of double vaccinated people is rising. 

I feel as if I am in a queue to get tickets to the Grand Final. Willing to wait hours till the tickets go on sale, then, the closer you get to the gate, the more the queue pushes up closer and closer, all anxious to get there before tickets are sold out - or, for other games, before the game begins. 

Anyway ... I have been doing the Cas Holmes workshop through Fibre Arts Take Two. We had a live presentation yesterday to mark the end of the official times but the course is still accessible for years, so it doesn't all have to stop. 

My sewing machine in refusing to do free motion work at the moment. I have found a mechanic who is able to meet me and take the machine away (given the travel restrictions in place, that is very pleasing) but I have to wait till he comes into our area. Then another wait till it is ready again and he will be back in the area. So I will have to either do some hand sewing and/or making more fabrics and papers to use as backgrounds. All doable, once I get the energy up. 

Here is one piece that I am experimenting on. I had put it away after making it because I wasn't sure what else to do with it yet. 


Now I have done some hand stitching. I don't think I like it much but it did make me do something, so that is a plus. And I can always experiment a bit more on it. Or I could try another piece I have made to a similar stage. Or I could try making some more backgrounds. Lots of options!
Hmm - now that I can see them both, I think the leaves need to be darker. But I will let that idea lie in the back of my head and hope it doesn't get lost. And the lighting was different, that affects how it looks too. 

No comments: