Sunday, May 10, 2020

Where to next?

Today's date is sort of interesting: 10/5/20. All multiples of 5 but that is about all. If I were in the USA, it might be more interesting, 5/10/20 - each number doubled. But we don't do our dates like that so I will just have to put up with multiples of 5.

Anyway ... lockdown may lift a little bit tomorrow. Not sure what it will look like but don't see that a lot of the things I do will come back soon. My exercise class requires a train trip, which I am not all that keen to do yet. And the space may limit the number of participants, which will probably impact the financial viability of offering the class.
I am pretty sure my textile groups will not resume in the short term, for similar reasons, so much of what I go to will still be unavailable. Some other things may come back, some may not. We will have to wait and see.

I have completed my first lesson in Blackwork, have finished my sampler. We had a Zoom meeting this morning and then I had a private phone conversation with the tutor. So much new learning - apart from the actual sewing.

I have done some things ok and others are not quite right but it doesn't matter on a sampler, it is for learning - what a relief to be told that!

I also enjoyed playing around with a design on some graph paper. That was interesting, having to be constrained by the geometric shapes. I may even lash out and do the actual sewing of the design!!


Now I just have to get the motivation to get onto lesson 2, which sounds a lot more complicated. But I will give it a go this week. There is nothing in my diary for the next 10 days! I 'should' be able to find the time to do the exercises - just need to find the motivation.

I have also looked at the final teacher/inspirational person on the TextileArtist.org community stitch challenge group and was very interested - even a bit inspired. Not enough to start anything yet but getting there.
It was Christine Chester and her challenge reminded me of doodling and I could also see some applications to the blackwork designing part. So I will have to have another really good look.


No comments: