Saturday, August 18, 2018

Done!

I have been asked to demonstrate some folded books done in fabric at our Play Day at the Embroiderers Guild. So I have been playing around with ideas for a while. 

I have been trying to work out how to make the book strong enough to stand, to be able to fold and to show both sides - which means making both sides interesting. 

Well, it is done. 

I had a lot of little scraps that determined the colours because I wanted to use them up. (This War on Waste is rather demanding.) And who knew that you could make such a mess working on something that is only A4 size.



As the piece was only on interfacing, and as the machine zigzag cut that in places, I have put the piece onto some heavy felt-stuff (not actual felt, some synthetic thing). 

I then sewed the raw edge fabric pieces. The back looked very ordinary. 


I put some fabric on the back and then wondered what to do. 


Aha, I thought. I never use the built in stitches. I will see what they look like. I had fun playing with those.
So I made the back relatively heavily sewn. 







Now I have the finished piece. I have no idea what to do with it. Even the best way to display it can be a puzzle.





Oh, today is 18/8/18 too. 

No comments: