Just noticed the date: 18/6/18. Lucky I find the dates interesting, or I wouldn't be posting at all.
I have been plugging away at my Transformation tapestry. I got a few hours in last week, none yet this week.
It is slowly growing and I think I am about two thirds of the way through. (I hope it is that much, anyway.)
Here it is.
The thickness of the double warp is making it hard to follow the cartoon, so I have started just making it up - more than usual. I will have to hope the plants look a little bit like small oak trees starting off. The stems are rather wobbly because I didn't want to sew the slits and I have been attaching the nearby colours. I am not into realistic with this one.
We decided that the only criterion was that it should be 25cm high. I might have to make up the top, just to get it to the correct height. The cartoon was that height but I have this bad habit of making my tapestries shorter than the cartoons. Must be something to do with how I beat them down. This one will be interesting because I have done a lot of double warp and that seems to be behaving a little differently.
It is good to experiment - in fact, it is what I often want to do, rather than come up with a wonderful piece. This is true of my tapestry weaving and my embroidery. I tend to be more experimental with my embroidery, probably because it is quicker and more forgiving.
We are supposed to be showing our pieces to our tapestry weaving group this weekend, it being the 4th Saturday of the month. I had planned to have it ready but wasn't all that aware of the date and that this month has 5 Saturdays. The 4th Saturday has come a bit early. So it will definitely not be ready. Oh well, I may get it done by the end of the month. Maybe.