Monday, January 8, 2018

The date being 8/1/18, I had better post today.

I have spent the last couple of weeks working on the second vessel for the Unfinished Business exhibition.
The second vessel is based on a canvas embroidery, only partly done, of pansies. I made the front and back and then the sides.
They all have slightly different techniques on them but I hope they gel together well.


However, I think I need to think of a better way to sew it all together. It sits slightly on an angle and I am pretty sure that is due to the sewing rather than the cutting.
I have also noticed that you can see the inside edge of the top very clearly and that the top is also not straight. That will have to come off and be redone!

I had hoped it was finished but not so. More to do.

I have tried to keep the original work recognisable in case the donor comes to see how her work was used. It was sad to read that she had to stop doing it because of falling eyesight. I hope I have done it justice and that she enjoys knowing that it has been incorporated into another work.

I think I have learnt more about making vessels and hope to do some more in the not too distant future.
After all, I know the saying very well - practise makes perfect.

No comments: