Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Inspired by ... Miro

It is almost a month late but I have finally done my A5 piece for the machine embroidery group.

I knew very little, if anything at all, about Miro. I now know a tiny bit more.
One of the things I discovered is that, although I quite like his art, I didn't feel at all inspired to try anything textile from it.

But, being the determined person I am (sometimes), I have come up with a little piece.

I found an image online called Personages in the Night.
I saw angels and stars and, it being within cooee of Christmas, I have made something.
I even used some glittery, metallic-looking thread. (I don't think it is metallic, I never seem to be able to cope with that and I have vague memories of buying this from the Embroidery Source and being assured I would manage with it - which seems to be the case.)


Miro Does Christmas.

2 comments:

mycamerandme365 said...

That's a great piece Mary! Use the photo as your Christmas card this season I reckon.

Mary said...

What a good idea! Thanks.