Wednesday, October 4, 2017

More Spring pics

Spring is in the air - unfortunately, if you have allergies.

However, there are some wonderful flowers to be seen, in the garden and at the park.





I saw this little patch of 'weed' in the grass at the park and was amazed to see the gorgeous flowers there.





Then there was this tree, I have walked in the park for years but not taken much notice of this amazing flower. And the wonderful bark. I can see Van Gogh style images in the bark.




Actually, I can almost see a face.

I just need to take inspiration from all this beauty and get going on some new work.

I am using the excuse that I am helping with the setting up of the upcoming exhibition at the Embroiderers Guild, Victoria. Opening night is this Friday and we are well on the way to having the works set up, then we notice that there is still labelling to do, pieces that don't fit in easily with others, etc.

But it is a privilege to be able to see the works arriving and then have the fun of deciding of what should go where.  There are so many wonderful works to be viewing very closely.


No comments: